VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Technical Assistant of of the Arete Youth Foundation in Bulgaria (AYF-Bulgaria)
Areté Youth Foundation is an organization supporting high-potential youth who are limited by social and economic barriers. Areté (from the Greek) means being the best you can be; reaching your highest human potential. Our Mission is to build sustainable social networks that encourage educational pursuits, instill a culture of giving back and promote mentorship. We envision a Roma community of engaged citizens and positive role models who support each other to achieve educational, financial, and personal success.
Application deadline: October 31th, 2013
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Basic Function of Position: Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Technical Assistant will assist in the implementation of an ambitious agenda to provide logistical, organizational, and coordination support to the Country Director and Program Managers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for office operations.
• Maintain database of AYF direct and indirect beneficiaries and support Program Managers in collecting on-going systematic and exhaustive follow-up, feedback and evaluation from beneficiaries and partners.
• Develop promotional materials including video interviews and documentation of events for website and marketing purposes.
• Responsible for all media coverage, messaging and marketing of AYF-led activities and events.
• Update AYF webpage and blog.
• Seek new sources of revenue for the project.
Education: Must possess a University degree in a related field.
• Dependable person, highly organized
• Maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
• Technologically literate with strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Good internet skills, including use of e-mail programs and group messaging
• Fluency in both Bulgarian and English
• Good organizational skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical)
• Cheerful presence and people skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Self starter who can work independently
• Skill in establishing priorities and managing workload
• Ability to follow directions
• Document management system for electronic and paper documents organization
• Monitor and order office supplies
• Distribute/file incoming mail, telephone calls and similar communication
• Perform and assist daily functions: post office, bank etc
• Communication with accounting agency
• Maintain up-to-date contact list
• Everyday communication with beneficiaries and partners
• Assist with production of different reports, newsletters and other publications
• Event/ training organization
• Promotional material monitoring and ordering
• Communication with advertising agencies
• Digital marketing and PR
Please submit your motivational letter and a CV by or before October 31st, 2013 at <email@example.com> or mail to: 1000 Sofia 1000 , 40 Alexander Stamboliiski Blvd., fl.4, ap.9 to the attention of Arete Youth Foundation Bulgaria.